Friday, March 30, 2012

Running an SSRS 2005 report against a stored procedure with multiple

Hi, I'm looking to confirm what I suspect - that if I have a single
stored procedure that returns 2 results, I can only "design" against the
first result in the designer.
I realize that I can create multiple data sources, and call the stored
proc twice with a parameter to indicate which of the 2 results to return
- I just want to verify that you CAN'T create a single data source that
calls a stored proc that returns two (or more) results, and then try to
design the report against both results.
Thanks,
KevinRS can only use one dataset from a stored procedure.
"Kevin" wrote:
> Hi, I'm looking to confirm what I suspect - that if I have a single
> stored procedure that returns 2 results, I can only "design" against the
> first result in the designer.
> I realize that I can create multiple data sources, and call the stored
> proc twice with a parameter to indicate which of the 2 results to return
> - I just want to verify that you CAN'T create a single data source that
> calls a stored proc that returns two (or more) results, and then try to
> design the report against both results.
> Thanks,
> Kevin
>

No comments:

Post a Comment