Friday, March 30, 2012

Running batches of reports

Hi,
we are making an interesting use of report services...we are actually
using it to generate programming specification for Informatica Mappings
from our mapping spreadsheets..LOL!!
Anyway, we have a couple of hundre mapping specifications and we want
to generate the couple of hundred PDFs associated with those
mappings...I recall reading in my hitchhikers guide how to do this but
that book is about 1,500 miles away from me at the moment.
Would anyone be kind enough to please share the command I need to enter
at the command line to run a report with specific parameters and spit
the output into a specific PDF file also specified as a parameter. I'd
be ever so grateful to not have to wait a few days to go home and read
my book!!
Thanks
Peter
www.peternolan.comHi All,
I got somewhere on this.....if I export and save I get this on the
address line of the browser...
http://ger-eutst/ReportServer?%2fIDW+Reports%2fMetadata%2fMIN0102A+-+Infa+Mappings+Detailed+Documentation&spreadsheet_name=StagingToODSMappingOAP&spreadsheet_version=V00.14&mapping_name=m_ODS_MTL_DEMAND&rs%3aCommand=Render&rs%3AFormat=PDF
So, surely there is some way to enter some kind of similar command via
a command line or via an vb.net program to capture a list of such
pdsf....
Anybody done this before?
Thanks
Peter
www.peternolan.com

No comments:

Post a Comment