Monday, March 26, 2012

Running a Job from ASP

I have a post similar to this is the Getting Started thread but haven't had any responses so I'm going to ask an updated version of my question. What I need to do is run a job after a user clicks a button in my ASP page. I know I can use oDBConnection.pStoredProc to run a stored procedure, but is there a similar command I can use to run the job? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks
Tim Conlan
InternTry this:
http://www.sqlteam.com/item.asp?ItemID=19595
|||Darrell, that's pretty much exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for the heads.
Tim Conlan|||

Actually, if you have the time I have a second question about puting together the DTS package. I get the fact that I can write the Stored Proc to dynamically create the job that will run the DTS package on the remote server, at least I think that's what I understand, but I want to make sure that I understand. So, the St Proc accepts a @.variable from my ASP page. The St Proc then appends the @.variable to the DTSrun command line script. So, how do I reference the @.variable when I put together the DTS package? I'm building it in Enterprise Manager and I see the field that says "Parameters:", do I just put @.variable in that field or do I need to put something else in there to get the package to pass the @.variable to the .BAT file that I will run with the DTS package?
If I've confused you or didn't provide enough information I'd be happy to clarify. Thanks
Tim Conlan
Intern (but getting better at this all the time)

|||I think you just put @.variable in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment