Friday, March 30, 2012

Running an SSIS Package after a webpage button click

Hi all!
I'm a newbie when it comes to SSIS and web development (I'm currently in school for Mechanical Engineering). I'm trying to develop a website in which I can upload an excel file and have the contents written to a SQL database. I have been successful in creating a package in which I point to an excel file and it writes the contents to the desired database. With this, I was hoping that I can modify my website to take the file which is being uploaded, change the name, and then have the SSIS package run, in which it will look for the named file in a certain directory and upload the contents to the SQL server.

Ideally this would be the order of events:

User selects and uploads a file to the server (button click)
Server renames it and places it in a certain directory
SSIS package runs and extracts the data to SQL database

Thanks all!
Shrey

Sorry, I just realized that I didn't explicitly ask my question:

Is it possible to run a SSIS package when someone clicks on a button on a webpage?

|||Sure:
http://blogs.msdn.com/michen/archive/2007/03/22/running-ssis-package-programmatically.aspx|||Can someone show me some visual web developer code for a simple site which will run a SSIS package when someone clicks on a button?

|||

skshah39 wrote:

Can someone show me some visual web developer code for a simple site which will run a SSIS package when someone clicks on a button?

Did you read through all of the link I posted earlier? There are some links inside that page that should point you to some examples.

No comments:

Post a Comment