Monday, March 26, 2012

Running a package from another computer with DTSRunUI

I set up a package with runs from a batch file on my computer after creating
the script with DTSRunUI. I cannot run it on another computer. Do I have t
o
copy DTSRun.exe to the other computer with the related rll files to get it t
o
run ? Is there a recommended way to do this ?It sounds like you are looking for the steps on
redistributing DTS. You can find information on this in the
Redist.txt file on the installation CD/DVD for SQL Server.
The dts.com web site has a great article on redistribution:
Redistributing DTS with your program
http://www.sqldts.com/default.aspx?225
-Sue
On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 10:12:02 -0700, rmcompute
<rmcompute@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I set up a package with runs from a batch file on my computer after creatin
g
>the script with DTSRunUI. I cannot run it on another computer. Do I have
to
>copy DTSRun.exe to the other computer with the related rll files to get it
to
>run ? Is there a recommended way to do this ?

No comments:

Post a Comment