Saturday, February 25, 2012

RTM Integration Services Job

When I try to create a job step of type SQL Server Integration Services Package I get an error:

===================================

The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E) (SqlManagerUI)


Program Location:

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.SqlManagerUI.DTSJobSubSystemDefinition.Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.SqlManagerUI.IJobStepPropertiesControl.Load(JobStepData data)
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.SqlManagerUI.JobStepProperties.typeList_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.WmReflectCommand(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

And here's the version info:
Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio 9.00.1399.00
Microsoft Analysis Services Client Tools 2005.090.1399.00
Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) 2000.086.1830.00 (srv03_sp1_rtm.050324-1447)
Microsoft MSXML 2.6 3.0 4.0 5.0 6.0
Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0.3790.1830
Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0.50727.42
Operating System 5.2.3790

As far as I can tell the Integration Services service is running and I installed all features for testing.

Any help is appreciated.

Larry

This might be due to an unclean uninstall of BETA 2005. I followed the directions for removing previous versions, but Reporting Services also wasn't working and the entire directory was missing. I did install to the D:\ but otherwise it was a fairly plain install.|||Ok, I uninstalled everything, deleted the orphaned directories and remaining 90 registry keys and reinstalled.

Reporting Services was really funky. It didn't work, the configuration assistant wouldn't let me change anything. I whacked the virtual directories created at install from IIS and had to delete the databases created during install. Stopped the service and then could get through configuration down to Initialization at which point I had to start the service to proceed. It seems to be working finally.

For the original problem:
When I try to create a job step of type SQL Server Integration Services Package I get an error:

It is still happening. Any help would be appreciated.|||Interestingly, I created a database diagram, and a maintenance plan and suddenly the interface for Integration Services jobs started working. No idea why, but I'm not fond of magic interfaces, and yet mildly pleased that it's working.

No comments:

Post a Comment