Tuesday, February 21, 2012

RSWebParts.cab install and Command Line Error

Hi all,
I have SQL Server 2005 installed on one server and WSS 3.0 installed
on another server. I would like to install the reporting services wbe
parts (RSWebParts.cab) to my WSS Server. I have copied the file across
and am using the following command:
:: ***********PARAMS***********
:: stsadm tool
SET STSADMTOOL="C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web
server extensions\12\bin\stsadm.exe"
GOTO STOP
:STOP
%STSADMTOOL% -help addwppack
pause;
echo using STSADMTOOL at %STSADMTOOL%
%STSADMTOOL% -o addwppack -force -filename C:\ReportingServices
\RSWebParts.cab
When I run it I get a Command Line Error and it points me in the
direction of stsadm help. I can guarantee you the files are in the
correct location as per the parameters passed in and that I am a local
admin on the server.
This is driving me nuts, can anybody help asap?
Cheers
JimskiI have the same problem.  I am losing faith in Microsoft.  Have you ever found a solution?

No comments:

Post a Comment